There is not much of a difference between these 2 USB chips, but some people have better or worse experience with either one of them. The original Arduino comes with FT232RL, Chinese “clones” typically come with CH340.
NOTE: You must select “Old Bootloader” in the Board Settings when you use a newer Version of Arduino IDE.
- Microcontroller: Atmel ATmega328
- Logic Level: 5 V
- Input Voltage (Vin): 6.5-15 V
- Input Voltage (pin 27): 5V
- Digital I/O Pins: 14 (6 provide PWM capability)
- Analog Input Pins: 8 (6 can be used as digital I/O)
- Other Interfaces: 1x USB, 1x seriell, 1x SPI, 1x I²C
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- Flash Memory: 32 KB (2 KB used by boot loader)
- SRAM: 2 KB
- EEPROM: 1 KB
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- Dimension: 44 x 19 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 5 g