ESP32-CAM – Espressif ESP32 WiFi Bluetooth BLE Module and 2MP Camera
Discounts available when logged in.
The ESP32 CAM module comes with the well-know high-performance Espressif ESP32 Wifi+Bluetooth+BLE controller chip, and an OV2640 camera module with 2MP resolution.
– Main frequency up to 240MHz, up to 600 DMIPS
– 520 KB SRAM, 4M PSRAM
– UART/SPI/I2C/PWM/ADC/DAC Interfaces
– Micro-SD memory card slot
– Lwip and FreeRTOS operating system
– Supports Smart Config/AirKiss one-click distribution network
– OmniVision OV2640 camera module included (1600 x 1200 px)
The ESP32 CAM module comes in a very small form factor of just 27 x 40mm and fits perfectly on a breadboard for your experiments. We recommend GitHub for software downloads and code examples.
This is the recommended first step to start tinkering with it:
– Follow the instructions on this website: Randomnerdtutorials.com
– Select “AI Thinker ESP32-CAM” as the board in Arduino IDE
– Change communication speed to 115200
– Select the corresponding COM port in Arduino IDE
– Uploading the code for the cam server demo provided on the website using Arduino IDE:
a) the upload starts possibly automatically, then wait until it has finished
b) Arduino IDE shows “connecting…” and the upload only starts after pressing “reset” on your ESP32 module
– Keep following the procedure described in the tutorial
If you receive an error message “detected camera not supported” you should double-check that the selected module in your sketch is “AI Thinker”.
These camera modules can be a little more tricky than an Arduino UNO. Don’t give up, keep trying, reading, and trying again, if it doesn’t work right away.
Specification: ESP32-CAM – Espressif ESP32 WiFi Bluetooth BLE Module and 2MP Camera