This popular data logging shield is compatible to Arduino Development Boards with the “R3” pinout, like UNO R3 and MEGA 2560, for example. Since it is already assembled, you can start right away, after you downloaded and installed the official libraries for SD-Card / I2C / Real Time Clock.You can save your data on SD-Cards (or Micro SD, TF) formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.The included RTC (Real Time Clock) can give you an exact timestamp to every data you want to save on the memory card, like analog input values, or digital input values.
There is a socket for a CR1220 lithium coin cell on board, for up to 7 years independent time keeping and data retention (the DS1307 hassome bytes internal memory).
This module comes completely assembled, but no SD-Card, Arduino board or coin cell included. No soldering skills necessary!
- SD cardslot works with FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards.
- 3.3v level shifter circuit to prevent damaging your SD card.
- DS1307Z Real Time Clock (RTC) with time and date and leap year calendar.
- Libraries and example code for both SD and RTC available for an easy “jump start”.
- Bread Board Area for soldering connectors, circuits or sensors.
- Onboard 3.3V LDO generates a reliable power source for current hungry SD-Cards (up to 100mA peaks in “write” mode)