The performance of this original STM32F103C8T6 USB Development Board is 5 times the performance of the typical “Arduino” MCU ATmega328P. It comes with plenty of I/O and periphery options, can be programmed using original ST Microelectronics tool chain, or the ST-Link V2 adapter for example.
These modules with the original STM32 chip are the best choice if you don’t want to use it with Arduino IDE, but with the STM programming tolls, since it supports all the serial programming the Arduino version with the CS32 chip doesn’t.
The pin headers are included, but not assembled. ST Microelectronics supplies different tools for programming these boards.
These are the quiet impressive features of that little module:
– 29 I/O ports, thereof 15 PWM out and 10 analog in
– Real Time Clock with crystal 32kHz and backup battery input
– 2 x I2C bus, 3 x serial interface (GPIO)
– only 53 x 22 mm small
– 72MHz internal clock speed for high processing power
– on board ST-Link header for in-circuit programming/debugging
– 3.3V device with 5V tolerant I/O ports (most of them)
Our STM32 module “Blue Pill” has 40 pins, and it fits in a DIP40 socket. It has a 3.3V DC regulator on board and can operate on 5V DC supply voltage.