The Ai-Thinker ESP-01S IoT Module is a self-contained SOC with an integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network.
This genuine Ai-Thinker product offers higher reliability, manufacturing quality, and compatibility.
The ESP8266 is capable of either hosting an application or offloading all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor.
Each ESP8266 module comes pre-programmed with an AT command set firmware. This means you can simply hook it up to your Arduino board and get out of the box WiFi-ability!
The ESP8266 module is an extremely cost-effective board with a huge, and ever-growing community.
The online sources for information about this module and how to use it are almost limitless. Just use your favorite search engine to find many resources to aid you in using the ESP8266.
Two different USB Adapters are also available for programming and serial communication (CP2104 and CH340).
Note: The ESP8266 Module is a 3.3V module and needs a logic level converter if you want to use it in a 5V environment, for example together with an Arduino UNO R3.
– 802.11 b/g/n
– Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
– Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
– Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier, and matching network
– Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO, and power management units
– +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
– Power down leakage current of <10uA
– 1MB Flash Memory
– Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor
– SDIO 1.1 / 2.0, SPI, UART – STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
– A-MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4ms guard interval
– Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
– Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
– Dimensions ca. 14 x 25 mm