The ADS1015 is a low-power, 12-bit, I2C-compatible, analog-to-digital converter (ADCs).
The ADS1015 incorporates a low-drift voltage reference and an oscillator. The ADS1015 also incorporates a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) and a digital comparator. These features, along with a wide operating supply range, make the ADS1015 well suited for power- and space-constrained sensor measurement applications.
The ADS1015 performs conversions at data rates up to 3300 samples per second (SPS). The PGA offers input ranges from ±256 mV to ±6.144 V, allowing precise large- and small-signal measurements. The ADS1015 features an input multiplexer (MUX) that allows two differential or four single-ended input measurements.
Use the digital comparator in the ADS1015 for under- and overvoltage detection.
The ADS1015 operates in either continuous conversion mode or single-shot mode. The device is automatically powered down after one conversion in single-shot mode; therefore, power consumption is significantly reduced during idle periods.
ADS1015 is Qualified for Automotive Applications (AEC-Q100):
– Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C
– HBM ESD Classification 2
– CDM ESD Classification C4B
– 12-Bit Noise-Free Resolution
– Wide Supply Range: 2.0 V to 5.5 V
– Low Current Consumption: 150 μA (Continuous-Conversion Mode)
– Programmable Data Rate 128 SPS to 3.3 kSPS
– Single-Cycle Settling
– Internal Low-Drift Voltage Reference
– Internal Oscillator
– I2C Interface: Four Pin-Selectable Addresses
– Four Single-Ended or Two Differential Inputs
– Programmable Comparator