These “Blue Pill” STM32 modules are equipped qith the original STM32 controller, for those who want to program them rather with the ST tool chain than with Arduino IDE (Arduino boot loader can be installed with the included ST Link adapter, of course).
These modules are a great alternative to Arduino NANO or Pro Micro, and a lot more powerful.
About the size of an Arduino NANO, but 5x as fast, with much more ports, 4x higher A/D resolution, 4 times higher PWM resolution. The 3.3V supply is generated on board, you need a 5V power supply for it. Most of the ports can handle 3.3V and 5V as well.
Our modules with the original STM32 controller chip also come with the correct value of 1.5k Ohm for the USB pull-up resistor R10.
These are the quiet impressive features of that little module:
– 29 I/O ports, thereof 15 PWM out and 10 analog in
– Real Time Clock with crystal 32kHz and backup battery input
– 2 x I2C bus, 3 x serial interface (GPIO)
– only 53 x 22 mm small
– 72MHz internal clock speed for high processing power
– on board ST-Link header for in-circuit programming/debugging
– 3.3V device with 5V tolerant I/O ports (most of them)
Our STM32 module has 40 pins, and it fits in a DIP40 socket. The pin headers are shipped with the boards, but not assembled.
Included is a programming and debugging USB adapter, compatible with ST Link V2, and the necessary jumper wires to connect programmer and controller modules.
Another source to recommend is STM32DUINO on GitHub