These “Blue Pill” STM32 modules are equipped qith the original STM32F103C8T6 controller (no clone from CKS or GD).
UNIVERSAL-SOLDER modules also have the right resistor value installed on D+ USB line, to avoid the known issues with modules from other manufacturers.
“Blue Pill” is a microcontroller minimum system module about the size of an Arduino NANO, but at least 5x as fast, with much more I/O ports, 4x higher A/D resolution, 4x higher PWM resolution.
The operating voltage of 3.3V is generated on board from a 5V input voltage, for example from the USB port. A supply with an external 3.3V source is also possible.
Most of the ports can handle 3.3V and 5V logic level as well.
Some of the features:
– 29 I/O ports, thereof 15 PWM out and 10 analog in
– Real Time Clock with crystal 32kHz and backup battery input
– 2 x I2C bus, 3 x serial interface (GPIO)
– only 53 x 22 mm small
– 72MHz internal clock speed for high processing power
– on board ST-Link header for in-circuit programming/debugging
– 3.3V device with 5V tolerant I/O ports (most of them)
Our STM32 module has 40 pins, and it fits in a DIP40 socket. The pin headers are already assembled, and we installed an Arduino compatible bootloader “STM32Duino” on every module, to make it work with Arduino IDE right out of the box.
We are testing every single module with both SWIM and USB connection before we ship it.